Smashed Potatoes with Cashew Cream Dressing
November 18, 2016
Just in time for you next holiday get together, here is a beautiful (and delicious!) dish that is sure to impress friends and family. Swapping out a typical cream cheese topping for a dairy-free Cashew Cream Dressing makes this dish 100% plant-based.
(4-6 servings as side dish)
1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes
1-2 tbsp canola oil
dash smoked paprika
dash sea salt
dash black ground pepper
chives, for garnish
Cashew Cream Dressing
1/4 cup raw cashews, presoaked in water overnight or soaked in warm water for about 30 minutes)
1/4 cup water
2 tsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender for about 15 minutes.
3. To prepare the cashew cream dressing, drain and rinse cashews, then transfer them into a blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and set aside while preparing the potatoes. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
4. Drain and transfer the potatoes onto the baking sheet and gently press with a fork or a potato masher to lightly flatten.
5. Brush with canola oil and season with smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
7. Remove from oven. Drizzle with cashew cream dressing, garnish with chives and serve!
For more than 150 delicious and healthy plant-based recipes, pick up a copy of The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook! Available at your local bookstore and online.