Veggie Bean Salad with Sunflower Seed Parmesan
FROM THE BORGES FAMILY KITCHEN
This hearty bean salad is nutritious, easy to prepare, and can be pre-made and kept in the refrigerator for days. Feel free to add sliced avocado for a touch of creaminess and a boost of flavor!!
VEGGIE BEAN SALAD with Sunflower Seed Parmesan
1 cup peas, frozen
1 15 ounce can unsalted or low sodium lentils, drained and rinsed
1 15 ounce can unsalted or low sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 15 ounce can unsalted sweet corn, drained and rinsed
1 15 ounce unsalted pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 green pepper, washed, cored, seeded and minced
1 red pepper, washed, cored, seeded and minced
1 small celery stick, washed and minced
1/4 cup parsley flakes
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe from The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook):
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
Sunflower Seed Parmesan Cheese Ingredients:
1/4 cups sunflower seeds, roasted and unsalted
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place the frozen peas in a bowl of warm water to thaw. Drain and rinse well under cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all the veggie bean salad ingredients.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well. Then pour the dressing into the veggie bean salad and mix well to combine.
4. In a food processor, add the sunflower seed parmesan cheese ingredients and pulse a few times until a parmesan cheese-like texture is formed.
5. Serve the veggie bean salad, top with sunflower seed parmesan cheese and enjoy!!