Cinnamon Apple Bread (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
Another delicious creation from The Borges Family Kitchen! Use crisp, in-season apples and spicy cinnamon for a vegan and gluten-free treat that is sure to please the whole family.
1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1/2 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk
6 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 apple, peeled and chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend (see note)
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 tbsp ground chia seeds
2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a small (8” X 4”) loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the applesauce, almond milk, maple syrup, apples, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Set aside while preparing the dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour blend, almond flour, flaxmeal, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir well.
5. Pour into loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and let cool before transferring the loaf from pan to wire rack. Cool completely (about a few hours), then slice, and serve! Makes about 12 servings.
Note: Use gluten-free flour blend or create your own with the following:
½ cup Brown Rice flour
½ cup Oat Flour
¼ cup Tapioca Flour
¼ cup Arrowroot Flour