Sautéed Beluga Lentils + Butternut Squash
May 14, 2017
This perfectly delicious dish is wonderful for a weeknight dinner. Or make a larger batch on the weekend and enjoy leftovers for lunch during the week.
SAUTÉED BELUGA LENTILS + BUTTERNUT SQUASH
4 Cups Cubed Butternut Squash
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp Oregano
1/2 Tbsp Curry Powder
Sea Salt (to taste)
Black Ground Pepper (to taste)
2 cups Cooked Beluga Lentils, drained
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 small Red Onion, diced
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
3 Tbsp dried Basil Flakes
2 Tbsp dried Parsley Flakes
2 cups Arugula (or other greens)
1. Preheat oven to 450oF and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss the squash together with the olive oil, oregano, curry, salt, and pepper until the squash is evenly coated.
3. Transfer the squash to the baking pan and spread out making a single layer. Roast for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.
4. While squash is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and minced garlic in a pan over medium heat. Toss together and cook until the garlic is lightly crisp. Add the lentils and saute for about 10 minutes to warm through. Turn off the heat and set aside until the squash is done.
3. Remove squash from oven and set aside. In a mixing bowl, transfer the lentils and add the red onion, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, Dijon, and herbs and toss. Then add the squash and arugula and toss again.
4. Transfer to a serving tray and enjoy!!
For more healthy and delicious plant-based recipes, pick up a copy of The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook.